On Facebook

Thursday, June 05, 2008

metamorphosis

from Dictionary.com,
metamorphosis is defined in biology as "a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and from the pupa to the adult butterfly".

currently incubating a 21-week-old baby, i think it's safe to say that i am going through a period of metamorphosis in my life. i'm making a huge transition to being a mum.

in the last few months, i've had to grow a lot in different ways. obviously i grew most visibly around the waistline. that's also prompted me to be somewhat vain about how i look at the moment. i'm so thankful that i've gotten past the part where i just look chubby and now look visibly pregnant. enough so that nice people on the mrt give up their seats to me :)

i've made this vow a million times to myself, and this time i am going to keep it. i want to have something to show my baby sometime later on in life so that she knows her mummy as a person. i want her to know how i feel during these few months, the different experiences that i've gone through in the process of having her, and also how mummy is human too.

so this time, i know i'm going to stick to it, because this blog is not just for me. it's for my baby. and also for you guys who are sticking around to read this :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails