On Facebook

Saturday, June 05, 2010

review: oil of olay total effects

dinosaur years ago, when i was a teenager, i slapped on oil of olay on my face. only in those days it was called oil of ulan in singapore. then i moved on to clinique, garnier then neutrogena. i started using oil of olay again late last year and i am just so extremely happy that i did.

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer SPF 15 1.7oz

Price
SGD22 at lots of places in Singapore. Extremely good value for money. It is slightly more pricey than some of the other drugstore brands like Garnier and Johnson's and Johnson's but based on my experience and the results I got from it, very very worth the extra $$$ when you compare it with the much pricier department counter brands. Look out for the special box packages that come out ever so often. I got my current bottle of moisturiser packaged with a full size Total Effects Shower Cream for just SGD19. That's a bargain! I've seen box sets of the moisturiser packaged with a full sized tube of cleanser and a tube of regenerist serum, for just SGD22. so yeah, the box sets are definately a good bargain.

Packaging 
I like the jar in that it isn't skinny-ass neither is it a fat and squat jar. It sits quite comfortably in my hand. The bottle itself is slightly translucent, so you can see how much you've got left in the bottle by holding it up to the light. Would have been nice to be able to check it more easily though. The pump part can be slightly flimsy though. The first bottle I got was very sturdy. This second bottle that I'm on, the pump came off when I opened it for the first time and although it works, it feels wobbly when I press down. But no real complaints here, I'm not someone who gets real fussy on the packaging unless it compromises the product quality or results in a lot of wastage.


Consistency 
The consistency is very even, I've yet to encounter any lumps or graininess in it whatsoever. It's quite light, not too heavy a cream or too watery either. It absorbs quickly without getting sticky on the skin, leaving skin feeling silky smooth and soft. Using this moisturiser as a base to prep my skin up for my usual mineral foundation, my makeup has never looked better or lasted longer.

Overall
I love love love love this moisturiser. My skin has cleared up noticeably, I don't even get those tiny whiteheads on my chin that used to plague me endlessly. I still have the regular PMS pimple but my skin is super clear and soft the rest of the time. Even hubby has noticed and commented on it. He's even started swiping mine now that his usual Neutrogena is finished and I can see an improvement in his skin condition as well. Must try!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails